All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Saturday, May 15, 2010

A Vicious World

It's a harsh world out there... but the good thing is, is that God is in control of it. He may not control people and/or their actions, but He is Ruler over all the earth.

I've learned to just not care what others think of me, or the things I do, or the decisions I make. As long as I'm following His path and doing what He tells me to do, no one has the right to tell me that what I'm doing isn't "right" or however else they may put it. Sometimes it goes back to the ole "When I want your opinion, I'll ask for it." If I take anyone's opinion, it will be from someone who actually knows me.

I guess the thing that really baffles me is how cruel people can be. Whether it's words or actions, trying to be funny or harshly opposing one's point of view - regardless, it's sick, and quite saddening. All I can think of is when Jesus said to "Love your neighbor as yourself" - century after century, we've gotten worse and worse at this. The hatred is unreal, and we can never seem to learn the concept of Agreeing to Disagree.

I've come to this conclusion: As the world continues to push God away, shun Him out of our lives and claim we don't need Him, we lose the ability to love, because God IS love. True love comes from God. 1 John 4:19 says, "We love because He first loved us." Without Him, we can't love, at least not the way we should. 1 Corinthians 13 tells us exactly what true love is, and how God wants us to love, it's simple: "Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily-angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres."

The sad thing is, only few people know how to love like this...

No comments:

Post a Comment