All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Saturday, May 30, 2009

Ashes

Have any horrible memories that keep haunting you? Any old journals or letters that express any pain you went through? My mom did, she had journals upon journals of notes and poems that described her pain and disturbing events. But when her and my dad got together, they went to a camping sight and burned those journals and notes. Now all that's left is the ashes. That's how I feel about Karl (yes, we're back together, will tell about it later). I'm tired of those scary memories creeping up on me and then taking me by surprise and letting them have a hold on me for a long period of time. I just want to leave it all behind and Karl has been a big help in that area of my life. Here's a song I wrote about it.

Ashes

it's too late to look back
and see what could have changed
only you can see that
the memories drive me insane

you look in my eyes
and see the leftover pain
but i look in the sky
and see the ashes blow away
you look in my heart
and see the leftover scars
but i no longer hurt
if i am where you are

it's too late to regret
and say i was not right
it's too hard to forget
what kept me up most nights

you look in my eyes
and see my hindered tears
but i look in your eyes
and see your love is clear
you look in my heart
and see that it's still sore
but i no longer hurt
if i am in your warmth

these notes of misery
letters of distress
are thrown into the flames
where they will forever rest
these pictures of sorrow
and journals of shame
are left here where only
the ashes remain

for you i will let go
of all the tragic incidents
only you will know
of the memories' remnants

here the ashes lay
in a finished, perfect pile
now i will walk away
with a smile

No comments:

Post a Comment