All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Song/Poem

Poem/song I wrote. No title. Just a bunch of rhymie words. Hope you like.

how i long to feel your love again
the love that never died
and though you're still my best friend
i cry for you at night

cuz i still see your beating heart
in the stillness of my pain
my smile is the sunshine
which hides the pouring rain
there's no use in trying to find
who there is to blame
cuz there's no point in trying to win
when we've already lost the game

the sound of your loving voice
soaks into my soul
and I wish that i had had the choice
to never let you go

cuz i can hear your tender words
in the chaos of my mind
although I feel so lost
you're not that hard to find
how can i reveal to you
the feelings that i hide?
if only you could truly see
the emptiness inside

the warmness of your sweet embrace
absorbs into my skin
the sparkling of your dreamy eyes
makes the shade less dim

cuz i can feel your gentle touch
in the stinging of my scars
i act like nothing's wrong
to hide my broken heart
our tiny act of failure
is what tears me apart
our love had gotten nowhere
but yet we went too far
and here i am trying to fix the end
when it was already destroyed from the start
but i can never erase your name
cuz it's written in the stars

No comments:

Post a Comment