All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Truth - Day 3: Something You Have to Forgive Yourself For

I'm pretty sure I've forgiven myself for most everything I've done wrong in my life. Even if I haven't, I've asked God to forgive me and in my opinion, that's enough. I haven't seen where it says to forgive yourself in the Bible. But in some cases I do it anyways so that I don't beat myself up for the mistakes I've made.

In saying that, I have to forgive myself on a weekly basis. I'm always going to make mistakes and disappoint people. Not that I enjoy disappointing people - in fact, I hate it more than anything else. I've heard that it is common for the eldest child to be a perfectionist. In my case, this is true. I expect more out of myself than I do anyone else and when I don't meet up to my own expectations, I come down pretty hard on myself. It makes me happy when I can make others happy, so when I make others upset or disappointed, I get such a yucky feeling inside - like I just want to crawl in a hole and not come out until they're happy again. And even though I know people I've disappointed have forgiven me, I still find myself thinking "I can't believe I did that" or "Why did I say that?"

Other than that, there is nothing in particular that I need to forgive myself for. I just need to realize that He will always love me and no matter how many mistakes I make, He will never leave me or forsake me.

No comments:

Post a Comment