All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Friday, April 3, 2009

Power of Prayer

I've been talking back and forth with Karl's mom, and we've been discussing the amazing power of prayer. Many people get upset with God because He doesn't answer our prayers right away or the way we want Him to. Believe me, I've been there, and I know how hard it is to be patient. But throughout this whole situation, that's all I can do, is wait. Who am I to rush God? After all, His timing and plans will work better than mine, and the patience will pay off in the long run.

I've also learned that you can't pray one thing, and say another thing. You can't say, "Lord, I want you to bless them", and then outside of prayer, say bad things about them and deep inside, you really don't want them to be blessed. If you think about it, that's almost like lying to God. If you don't want that, don't ask God for it, you need to want it, first.

Prayer works in amazing ways, especially if you use it frequently. Just the other day, my mom, my siblings and I were going over to a friend's house which was about 30 minutes away, and we'd only been there once before. My mom didn't have directions on how to get there - instead she went by memory. She got to a point where she didn't remember what turn she was supposed to take next, so I asked Jesus to lead us the right way and right then, my mom said she remembered where she was supposed to go. So because of Jesus, we got to our destination. He always gives us direction, but sometimes that takes patience. Take it from someone who knows, and has been going through it for the past month ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment