All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Day 26: How do you Handle/Deal with Both Success and Failure?

Like any other individual, I handle success better than failure most of the time. I try to handle success with humility, but it doesn't always happen that way. I don't become boastful or anything but sometimes I forget to give credit where credit is due. Often times I forget to glorify the Lord in ALL that I do, this is something I have constantly had to ask God to help me with. There's nothing wrong with giving myself a pat on the back and being proud of myself, but God created me and I am His image - I am not my own. Success builds up my confidence and makes me feel like I really am good for something. I handle it the best way I know how.

Failure on the other hand... I tend to come down hard on myself, probably harder than necessary most of the time. I guess I have high expectations of myself and when I don't meet up to such expectations, I become very disappointed in myself. Failure definitely humbles me, which is good. But eight out of ten times I forget that God forgives me, and I can't move on until I realize that. What I'm trying to say is that I could definitely use His help in handling both success and failure. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment