All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Sunday, March 15, 2009

Past, Present, and the Future

Being a Kat is like, well, being a cat. You're curious about the world around you, and sometimes that curiousity can lead to trouble. Believe me, I would know.

I was born here in Minnesota, and all but 2 years of my life was spent here. The 2 years I wasn't here, I was in Arkansas living with my grandma. I lived a pretty average life.. when I was 7, my little sister Alexandra was born, and 11 months after that, my little brother Robert was born. After they were born, we moved constantly, and it was only to different apartment complexes. We stayed at one complex for 4 years, but it had only 2 bedrooms, and we had a minimum of 2 cats every year (our last year there, we ended up with 4 cats). So it was tough. The house that we're currently living in is the first house we've ever lived in as a family (grandma's house doesn't really count). It's wonderful having 4 bedrooms and a huge backyard, and we even have a little lake across the street. We still have our 4 cats: Dipstick, Hottie, Tango, and our newest one, Bobo (who is my cat). Bobo we got a year ago after Sasha passed away. He is also the cat that was always claimed to be a girl until we found out a few months ago that he is a boy. And when I named him Bobo, I was not aware that his name means 'penis' in French. Well, all I have to say is, it's a good thing he's NOT a girl..

Anyways, my life has changed drastically in the past month. My boyfriend Karl and I broke up after being together for almost a year (April 11th would be our annivarsary), but we're still best friends. The thing is, our relationship is what most people would call an "online relationship", because we met online. It seems so much more than an online relationship though, we connect in such a way that can't even be described. And it is more than just an online relationship because we talk on the phone, also. Anyways, he lives in Georgia, but we met on a Christian website and after getting to know each other, we felt that God wanted us to be together. So we tried it and everything went great. Right now, we're taking a break only because we realize how hard it is to not see each other, touch each other, be near each other, or spend real time together. We wanted (and still want) to meet each other, but it would still be hard for us because we would only be able to see each other once a year (until I turn 18, or if he decides to move up here - he's 18). Even though we still talk and we still care about each other, this has been a really painful experience for me. It makes me realize how much I love him and how much I just want to be with him. His mom and my mom get along really well, and they've gained quite a friendship over the months, and in September, we're going to meet Karl's parents. We will all be staying at a hotel in Wisconsin, and might I add, it is a BEAUTIFUL hotel! I'm so phsyced, and I absolutely love Karl's mom.. even though I don't know for sure if she will be my mother-in-law one day, I still look to her as a second mom. She is so amazing. I don't know if Karl will be at the hotel, because him and his parents have been on really bad terms lately, and he's convinced that he doesn't want to take any days off work. I do hope he changes his mind, because we're not going to know for sure if we really are/were in love unless we meet and we're able to hug and kiss and all that. Right now, I'm just taking things one day at a time. This is a hard process but it's also a lesson that I really needed to learn.

I know this all sounds so crazy, but I guess you would have to be me to fully understand it. Life is a mystery and all we can do is let God take care of everything. After all, we don't know the future, so let's leave it up to The One who does know the future. Even being a strong Christian, I still question God and don't always understand the things He does, but I know He has something in store for me, I just need to watch my steps and trust Him. Times like this, that's all I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment