All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Sunday, April 3, 2011

30 Day Writing Challenge - Day 1

http://danacreative.blogspot.com/2011/01/30-day-writing-challenge.html

Day 1: Something to look forward to this year.

At this point - a lot of things. With it now being April, I look forward to Minnesota's weather hormones being in balance. The snow is melting and spring is in the air, or so it seems. Just the thought of warm(er) weather excites me.

I look forward to spening as much time with my family as possible before I get married. I hope to visit my darling grandmother in Arkansas this summer, preferably on Independence Day as we always do. Then we're praying that God will provide a way for us to visit my other grandma in Tennessee. I look forward to being baptized with my dad this year, as it will be my very first baptism. I've been asking the Lord to restore my relationship with my dad, and He's been giving me a lot of great ideas for activities him and I can do together to make that come to pass.

Last but not least, I look forward to marrying the love of my life. Three years of saving ourselves for each other and living 1,200 miles away from each other means extreme anticipation and excitement for this day to arrive. I look forward to starting a life of my own, taking my music to a whole new level, and sharing the gospel through the music God has given me. I simply look forward to stepping out of the old life and entering into the new. Not to say that I'm jumping for joy because I'll be leaving my family, but I foresee new beginnings coming about in this marriage God has ordained.

All in all, I look forward to seeing what God has planned for me this year. :)

2 comments:

  1. hey, you...

    checking out your site... it looks great. i am definitely going to do the creative writing prompts you post too.

    thanks for visiting my site.. :) hope you get to visit it often and will do too... :))

    see you around1 :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks! the actual writing prompts website has a TON more, but i don't exactly have that much time on my hands :)

    thanks for checking it out, will definitely visit your blog often as well!

    take care :)

    ReplyDelete