All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Monday, April 4, 2011

Day 2: Something You Regret Not Having Done Last Year

Around this time last year, I was getting ready for a trip to Myrtle Beach with my mom, Karl, and his parents. The trip was only four days including travel time. Also around this time we were making potential plans for us and Karl's family to take a trip to Arkansas because I wanted my grandma to meet her future grandson-in-law. When we arrived in Myrtle Beach, I was so excited to be physically near Karl again; to feel his warm hugs and sweet kisses that I had long been waiting for. But I regret not appreciating or taking advantage of the short time I had with him. My thought process was, "well, I'm going to get to see him again in Arkansas in a few months." The trip went by quicker than I thought, so when it came time to saying good-bye, I felt awful. I regret this because not only did it make Karl feel like I didn't want to spend time with him -but the trip to Arkansas never worked out. April 10th will now mark one year since I've seen him.

I also regret not getting my permit and liscence. I know I wouldn't have a car of my own to drive, but at least I would be able to use my mom or dad's vehicle to go where I need to go instead of being picked up and dropped off all the time.

Although I still sometimes think back on these things that I wish I would have done, I've forgiven myself for having not. For me, a life of regrets is a life of misery - I can't move on with my life if I'm still living in the thoughts of "I wish I would have done that." I can't change past mistakes, but I can make sure not to make the same ones in the future. For the Lord said in Isaiah 43:18, "Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past."

No comments:

Post a Comment