All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Day 6: Something that excites you and fills you with joy

I get excited over the littlest things sometimes. I have a lot to look forward to this year. Something that excites me everyday is when I get to talk to Karl after I'm done babysitting my brother and sister. I get excited when my mom and dad come home from work, I get excited when it's time to go to church, I get excited when we make spontaneous trips to the store or to a friend's house. I even get excited when I log onto Facebook and see that I have notifications or friend requests.

I also find joy in the thought of God fulfilling all that He has promised to me. It excites me to know that I have a calling to ministry through singing and writing music, which is one of my passions in life. It simply excites me to know that He loves me and He will forgive me no matter what I do, and that I have eternal life waiting for me whenever my time comes.

Although, I try not to let my happiness be defined by my excitement - meaning, there is a difference between excitement and true joy/happiness. Excitement is usually temporary, whereas joy is eternal and lasting no matter what the circumstance - if you choose to live that way. I get excited easily, but my goal is to be happy and thankful wherever I happen to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment