All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Day 11: Something about which people seem to compliment you.

I get a lot of compliments on my outward and inward appearance, but nobody is more surprised than me that this is true. Compliments humble me and make me realize how much God has done in my life. I cannot take credit for any of the compliments I receive, because God is my Creator and I wouldn't be who I am without Him.

When it comes to my outward appearance, the compliment I get most often is on my blue eyes and dark eyelashes. One time when I was in middle school, I had been late, so my mom had to sign me in. As she was signing the paper, I noticed the lady at the front desk kept staring at me. We finally made eye contact, and she said, "I'm sorry, you just have the most beautiful eyes I've ever seen." Needless to say, that made my day, despite being late. I also had a teacher tell me that I had the most beautiful smile she'd ever seen. That was a compliment I wasn't used to! Otherwise, people usually say something like, "You're so pretty" or, "You're so cute." Other times they'll go up to one of my parents and say, "Your daughter is so beautiful." Then of course Karl (my fiancee) who compliments me multiple times a day, will tell me how beautiful I am, how sweet I am, how amazing I am, and how blessed he is to have me. There are many more things he compliments me on but I wouldn't be able to even list them all. His compliments are the best :-}

I also get a lot of compliments in regards to my talents - my drawings, my songs, my writings, and my voice. Again, those are all God's doing, not mine. But I enjoy the compliments because the minute I hear them, I get to look up to the sky, and just smile.

Some other usual compliments consist of: My intelligence, wisdom, kindness, humility, a heart for the Lord, and my sensitive Spirit. One of my favorite compliments is, "You're beautiful on the inside and out." That tells me that God's light in me is so apparent that it even shows on the outside. If you ask me, that's pretty awesome. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment