All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Monday, September 26, 2011

Day 18: Someone You Met Randomly That Made an Impact on Your Life

The only person I can come up with is someone I met a couple weeks ago at a friends' baptism. Her name escapes me, but my mom knows her from Target (my mom works at Target.) My mom was unaware that she attended our church, but since she does attend our church, she was also at the baptism as her son was being baptized. After the ceremony, my mom decided to greet her and congratulate her and her son. My mom was worried that she wasn't going to recognize her because they'd only seen each other a couple of times, but the second she saw my mom, she recognized her right away and even gave her a hug. She was obviously pretty emotional having witnessed her youngest son getting baptized, and she just had the biggest smile on her face. She was happy as happy gets and kept explaining to us how thankful she was and how much she loved the Lord, it was the coolest thing. She even shared with us how the devil had been attacking her and her family for the past two years, but then she followed that up with knowing that Jesus had already won the battle and that everything was going to be okay. It was incredible seeing the Lord radiating from the inside out of this woman. How humble and gentle she was yet truthful and bold.

Eventually she looked over at me and asked my mom if I was her daughter. I introduced myself and she just looked at me with the most loving look. Then she asked if she could hug me. "Of course," I replied. She then started describing how we are all a family in Christ and how excited she was to meet up with her "family" in heaven. As she was talking, she would occasionally look to the sky and raise her hand in thanks to God. Her joy was contagious, as was her smile. This impacted my life because it made me realize how much I have to be thankful for, and that we need to always "give thanks in ALL circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." (1 Thessalonians 5:18). It also made me realize that I really do have a family outside of my blood family - I have a family in Christ that I look forward to meeting one day. It uplifts me beyond words knowing I have brothers and sisters and we all share the same Father. I wish all Christians could take hold of this truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment