All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Day 13: Discuss Some of the Things on Your Bucket List

Wow... my bucket list? To be honest, I haven't really thought about that one. Although ever
since getting a boat this last year, I've wanted to try water-skiing. Let's see what else I can come up with:

Learn to play the piano and/or guitar - it's one thing to have the gift of singing, but I feel it would improve my song-writing skills if I could PLAY a melody instead of hum it. Besides, I love the way both of these instruments sound, they're so much more... "natural."
Go horseback riding - I'm not much of an adrenaline junkie, so this is as portentous as it gets. I've ridden ponies and carousel horses, but I want to know what it's like to ride on a real, live HORSE while it's RUNNING!
Record a song with a famous Christian artist - I know that seems a little "out there", but I can't even tell you how awesome that would be. Nerve-racking, yes, but awesome. Somebody like Amy Grant, Brandon Heath, Fernando Ortega, Mandisa...
Walk on water - okay, this one might seem a little more preposterous. Yes, I would like to try this. Hey, Peter did it! In my Bible it states, "With God all things are possible." (Matthew 19:26.) I'm also taking Karl with me ;)
Minister to a third-world country - of course, I want to minister to those in my own country. But I would like to experience what it's like for people with hardly any food or shelter, and show them a life that's worth living for in Jesus Christ. To lead worship for the little ones and see their zeal/longing for the Lord. Maybe even build some sort of church...
See the Titanic - duh, how could I forget about this one? Ever since seeing James Cameron's "Titanic," the subject of the "unsinkable ship" fascinates me. I would LOVE to literally climb into a submarine and dive 2 miles under the Atlantic ocean to see the ship inside and out. At the very least, I'd like to visit a museum based on the Titanic, see some of the items that were found inside of it, or speak with someone who is related to a Titanic survivor.

See the 9/11 Memorial - 9/11 took place when I was still a little girl, so at the time I didn't quite understand what had happened, all I knew was that it was very bad and whoever was responsible for it was very bad. But now that I'm older and have seen footage and pictures that were taken at the scene, I understand a whole lot more. I think it would be incredible to be able to step foot where those buildings once were.
Go to Israel - just thinking about this one gives me the chills. Seeing where Jesus walked, where He was crucified, where He was buried. I would love to walk down the Via Dolorosa and sail the Sea of Galilee. I'd be an emotional wreck but it would be one of the best experiences of my life to see Biblical history unfold before my very eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment