All we need is Love

"And so we know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him." -1 John 4:16

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Day 20: Discuss Your Favorite Movie and Why it's so Special to You

My favorite movie would have to be Titanic. It's "special" to me because it's educational and intriguing to me at the same. I've learned more about the story of Titanic through watching the movie than I have doing research. I'm not typically a big fan of history, but the movie made it interesting for me.

I also enjoy the romance that takes place between Jack and Rose. It makes the story more realistic - like there was so much more going on than just the tragedy of Titanic hitting an ice berg and then sinking. Jack reminds me a lot of Karl - he's not an artist nor is he poor, but he's caring and gentle like Jack. He also cares for me and wants the best for me as Jack cares for Rose and wants the best for her. The two of them just want to be together no matter what, even while the ship was sinking. The part that reminds me of Karl and I the most is when Jack is falsely accused of stealing Rose's diamond, and is sent to the bottom of the ship in hand-cuffs. Rose sought to rescue him, even though it meant going all the way down to E-Deck, which was already flooded with ice-cold water. She found Jack cuffed to some sort of pipe, and once she realized the key to the cuffs was nowhere to be found, she ran frantically to find help. When nobody would even listen to her, she found and grabbed a hatchet, then sprinted back to the room that Jack was in. She cut through the cuffs with the hatchet, and her and Jack made their way back to the top level of the ship. I know in my heart that I would do whatever it would take to rescue Karl, even if it meant risking my own life.

The mystery aspect of the movie is great, too. When I first watched the movie, it was fun putting the pieces together as to where the "heart of the ocean" was, and how it actually ended up in the ocean. And of course, the mystery as to why Rose's record wasn't valid. All in all, it is a great movie. It has a little bit of everything - action, drama, romance, comedy, and most importantly, historical truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment